Monday 4 August 2008

Leading by Example

Yesterday I was watching one of my favourite all time TV shows - Extreme Makeover Home Edition. As the tears poured down my face and my heart melted for the family whose dreams had come true, I realised that this show teaches me things, without even trying. It powerfully connects with my emotions, so will stick with me for a long time.

I learn about dreams, about everyday people who just want a house over their heads that is safe, yet are still giving to others and putting others before themselves.
I learn that having a terrible thing happen, or being diagnosed with cancer puts a new perspective into our lives that most of us need. It helps me reconnect with things I know and have forgotten.
I learn that doing something good for others is a great way to pay it forward in this life.
I learn that it is important to me that I pay it forward and make a difference in this world.
I learn that by setting a great example and telling a story, can inspire me to new heights.

and I learn that you can never have enough tissues for an episode with Ty and his friends.

Apart from being a very uplifting way to reconnect with the magic and wonder that humans can create when we work together, by the end I was thinking how I personally can pay it forward with Light the Spark. By passing some of my profits to others, by offering reduced rates to those working in the charitable sector.

For now, I am going to let those thoughts stew. Watch this space to see how I resolve it.

No comments: