Tuesday 26 May 2009

Sparkie's Ten Commandments #7

Thou shalt not show thine audience how much thou knowest.

No-one likes a show off. Not since school days.

There's a saying that seems appropriate here...
People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Really, I couldn't care less what celebrities you have coached, until you have shown me a simple tip that will make my life better.

I don't want to know how many qualifications you have, or letters after your name, unless you can give me a piece of sage advice that I can use straight away.

An expert knows alot.
A teacher knows how to break down something complex into simple steps that anyone can master. A teacher can take something other people find hard and make it easy.

Be both an expert in your topic and a great teacher - so that your audience can benefit from your years of experience in a way that will transform their life.

No comments: